Pacific Northwest College of Art
ENTRY DESIGN DETAILS
- Stylistic appropriation of a classic bike geometry.
- Additional wheel for maximum stability and increased balance with heavy loads.
- Expanded metal grating separating the rider from the load. Provides versatile bungee cord tie-off options.
- Extended 3.5″ vertical storage for sheet goods.
- Open lower storage for transportation of up to 8′ lengths of lumber and metal stock.
- Repurposed frame sections integrating lighting, security and fender.
- Reclaimed bike seat and plywood grate.
- Wooden sidecar passenger seat.
ABOUT THE TEAM
PNCA is a not-for-profit college of art and design founded in 1909 and located in the city of Portland, Oregon. PNCA’s mission is to prepare students for a life of creative practice. To deliver this mission amid the technological, political, economic, social and ecological complexities of the 21st century, the college’s vision aims PNCA toward becoming a “college of influence,” a school that inspires new discoveries and directions in art, design and culture while becoming a hub for creative research networked to vibrant creative communities around the globe. PNCA’s vision affirms the values of independence, resourcefulness and sustainability and the importance of craft and experimental, leading-edge work that emerges from studio practice and the proficient application of design and fine-art thinking.
PNCA’s team, led by artist/designer/craftsman Brian Borello, is comprised of students from the MFA in Applied Craft and Design Program, the Sculpture Department and the Communication Design Department.